PUBLIC ADVISORY FOR FILIPINOS IN SUDAN as of 28 September 2023, 1500HRS
The Philippine Embassy in Cairo continues to urge Filipinos in Sudan to leave the country immediately.
With the launch of direct flights between Port Sudan and Cairo, the Embassy advises Filipinos who wish to evacuate Sudan to proceed to Port Sudan.
Kindly follow these steps:
1. Before proceeding to Port Sudan, please send to the Philippine Embassy in Cairo by email: email@example.com, or WhatsApp: (+20) 122 743 6472 your full name, contact number, and copy of passport and date when you will proceed to Port Sudan.
2. Kindly advise the Embassy if you are in possession of a valid passport or not and state the reason for not having your passport in your possession. There are complications if you do not have your original passport and Sudanese residence visa.
3. You must arrange for your transportation to and accommodation in Port Sudan. Make sure that you have sufficient cash with you (to cover costs of your food, water and accommodation) while the Embassy arranges your repatriation flight from Port Sudan to Cairo, and onwards to the Philippines.
IF YOU DECIDE TO STAY IN SUDAN, provide the Embassy with the following:
1. Your full name and contact details;
2. Location in Sudan;
3. Reason for staying in Sudan;
4. Name and contact details of your employer/relative in Sudan;
5. Emergency contact(s) in the Philippines; and
6. In possession of a valid passport (Yes/No).
Philippine Embassy in Cairo
WhatsApp/Mobile: (+20) 122 743 6472