Overseas Voting Registration
RESUMPTION OF THE OVERSEAS VOTERS' REGISTRATION FOR THE 2025 ELECTIONS REGISTRATION PERIOD:
09 December 2022 to 30 September 2024
The Philippine Embassy in Cairo will be accepting applicants starting 11 December 2022, every Sundays to Thursdays 9:00am to 2:00pm.
DATE OF ELECTION: 12 May 2025
- Valid Philippine Passport
- OV Form 1, You may fill out at iRehistro.comelec.gov.ph
WHO MAY REGISTER?
Filipino citizen residing abroad during the election period, at least 18 years of age on the Election Day and not otherwise disqualified by law.
WHO ARE DISQUALIFIED?
1. Those who have lost their Filipino citizenship in accordance with Philippine laws;
2. Those who have expressly renounced their Philippine citizenship or have pledged allegiance to a foreign country, except dual citizens as referred to under RA 9225;
3. Those who have committed/are convicted in a final judgment by court or tribunal of an offense punishable by imprisonment of not less than one (1) year;
4. Any citizen of the Philippines abroad previously declared insane or incompetent by competent authority in the Philippines or abroad.
NO VALID PASSPORT?
What you need:
• A certification issued by the Embassy that it has received and renewed the appropriate documents (to prove identity and Philippine citizenship) submitted by the applicant, or that the applicant has renewed their passport but has not yet received it on the date of registration; and
• For applicants who availed themselves of the RA No.9225, or "The Citizenship Retention and Reacquisition Act", the original or certified true copy of the Order of Approval of their application to retain or reacquire their Filipino citizenship issued by the Post, or their Identification certificates issued by Posts or the Bureau of Immigration; or
• For Seafarers, a photocopy of the Seafarer's Identification Record Book (Seafarer's Book) or any other pertinent document.
ALL QUALIFIED FILIPINO CITIZENS MAY APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING:
-Registration or certification
-Transfer of registration records
-Change of name due to marriage or court order or correction of entries in the -Voter's Registration Record
-Change of address at any Philippine Embassy or Consulate abroad, or at designated registration centers in the Philippines pursuant to COMELEC Resolution No.10833.
*Bring the printed filled OV Form 1 to the Embassy for registration, do not sign it yet.
*ONLY OV registration will be accommodated for walk-in. An online appointment will be required if you are also applying for consular services on the same day as your registration.
Visit the following links for more information: