Report of Birth
The Report of Birth is a declaration of the person furnishing information on the birth abroad of a Filipino child. The birth must be reported to the Embassy/Consulate General within twelve (12) months of its occurrence.
Delayed registration of birth is when the birth is reported after twelve (12) months from the date of birth. The person who filed the report must also submit an explanation surrounding the delay in the reporting of the birth (Affidavit of Delayed Registration).
For the child to have a record with the Philippine Statistics Authority, the Report of Birth must be filed at the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate.
1. Confirmed Appointment (Book Appointment)
2. Accomplished Report of Birth form (4 originals)
3. Birth Certificate, with English translation (1 original plus 4 photocopies)
4. Passport of both parent/s (original plus 4 photocopies of data page)
5. For legitimate children (i.e. parents are married to each other at the time of birth): Marriage Contract of parents (original plus 4 photocopies)
If married in the Philippines: Marriage Contract or Report of Marriage must be issued in PSA security paper
If married in Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea and Djibouti: Marriage must also be reported at the Philippine Embassy
6. For illegitimate children (i.e. born outside of marriage) born to a Filipino woman:
Child not acknowledged by father: personal appearance of the mother plus proof of her maiden surname (e.g., Birth certificate - 4 photocopies)
Child acknowledged by father: Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity (AAP- executed by the father) and Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF- executed by the mother for child aged 0-6 years old, or by the child 7-17 years old and attested by the mother, or by the adult child only) (4 originals)
7. For births reported after 12 months from date of birth (delayed registration), additional requirements
Affidavit of Delayed Registration (4 originals)
Report of Birth - US$25.00
Affidavit of Delayed Registration - US$25.00
Affidavit of Acknowledgement of Paternity - US$25.00
Affidavit to the Use Surname of the Father - US$25.00