𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐂 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐍(as of 24 July 2023)
𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐂 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐔𝐃𝐀𝐍 (as of 24 July 2023, 1200HRS, Egyptian Standard Time)
The Philippine Embassy in Cairo continues to urge Filipinos in Sudan to leave the country immediately. The Philippine Embassy continues to assist Filipinos who wish to evacuate Sudan.
The Philippine Embassy in Cairo currently does not recommend 𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐜𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐧 due to the limited flights out of the Port Sudan International Airport. Instead, Filipinos should plan to proceed to the Sudan-Egypt Border.
Kindly follow these steps:
1. Before proceeding to the border, please send to the Philippine Embassy in Cairo by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or WhatsApp ((+20) 122 743 6472) your full name, contact number, and copy of passport and date when you will proceed to the border.
2. Kindly advise the Embassy if you are in possession of a valid passport or not and state the reason for not having your passport in your possession. There are complications if you do not have your original passport, which may delay your ability to comply with the requirements for the visa and eventual entry.
3. At Wadi Halfa, apply with the Egyptian Consulate for an entry visa in advance, and comply with Egypt’s requirements for the visa application.
4. Filipino applicants will need to obtain Egyptian security clearance as a requirement of visa application. In some instances, the visa is issued by the security clearance is still necessary for entry through the border. According to the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, such requests should be coursed through the Philippine Embassy in Cairo and are usually approved after ten (10) days minimum.
5. You must arrange for your transportation to Wadi Halfa/Qustal. There are buses that leave from Khartoum to Wadi Halfa.
6. Kindly arrange for accommodations at Wadi Halfa as you will not be allowed entry into Egyptian territory until the approval has been received.
7. Filipinos who enter Egypt with this temporary visa must depart Egypt at the earliest opportunity. The Embassy will make those arrangements for repatriation.
8. Make sure that you have sufficient cash with you (to cover costs of your food, water and accommodation) as the wait in both Wadi Halfa will take on average ten (10) days or more.
𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐧:
Provide the Embassy your full name, contact details, location in Sudan, why you have decided to continue to stay in Sudan, as well as the name and contact details of emergency contact(s) in the Philippines; and ensure you have your passport.
Philippine Embassy in Cairo WhatsApp/Mobile: (+20) 122 743 6472 Facebook/Messenger: PHinEgypt Email: email@example.com